Monday, February 2, 2009

Transformational Paintings



“What is an well organized World State ? “ . After hearing such a revealing music with one disciple of Pandit Ravishankar I was wandering , that it should be the ability to flow with things . While listening the sitar , I was completely into the process of hearing .For sometime, all the concerns and, thoughts and other afflictions were gone.

In the morning, I was talking about this flow with ‘Ongkie Tan’ and Indonesia born artist, and his insights where very revealing.

He has spend a long time in US, .At the same time , he has done his solo and group exhibitions, with different group of peoples and places around the world .

“An well organized state is a mental state, and it has nothing to do with the physical condition . I draw pictures of different shapes and types of my own spiritual experiences and lot of people come to ask me , why have you drawn this . I say , I don’t understand , I don’t know, I don't have to know ? .” –Ongkie says me .

I said , “sounds interesting”. He continues . “ I have seen a lot of people who doesn’t meditate ,however they remain in a deep spiritual state . Art is a form of meditation , I don’t draw just because , I think , I should draw. I draw because I love it, and it transforms me giving, new experience of life and living .Painting is a part of my being , I can’t live without it.”

No comments: